The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration – the UDI - is at the moment implementing new measures associated with case-processing related to applications for family immigration. These changes are meant to reduce the processing time significantly.
Checklists South Africa
When the applicant submits the application at the embassy or one of the Norwegian consulates he or she shall provide the following:
· Receipt of an application submitted online (Cover letter)
· A completed and signed document list
· All documents must be submitted accordingly to the requirements stated in the documentation list
· The completed questionnaires
· If applicable, a written explanation of why the applicant or the sponsor can not obtain one ore more of the documents that are required, as mentioned above
Applicants who insist upon delivering an incomplete application despite that the necessary documentation required is not met, must be aware that their application is likely to be refused. The Foreign Service Missions cannot refuse to receive an incomplete application, but if the applicant insists upon handing in an incomplete application he/she should submit a written explanation why all the required documentation is not attached with the application
Information to applicants – Application Online
Applicants will be informed about the new procedures when they submit an application via Application portal Norway. Initially there will be a link to the documents list on the front page of the application portal. The function where the receipt page (cover letter) appears and provide direct link to the documentation list, will also be put in place within a short time.